With the help of a grant
The Scottish Childminding Association (SCMA) is leading a recruitment drive to train and support new childminders in Dumfries and Galloway where we have an urgent need for more childcare.
- childminding is a hugely rewarding career that offers the opportunity to:
- contribute to children’s development, learning and wellbeing
- provide a valuable, professional childcare service for your community
- develop new skills and qualifications
- be your own boss, from your own home
- earn money while working around your family’s needs
You don’t need previous childcare experience or qualifications, but you do need to have a passion for working with children and families and an ongoing commitment to learning and developing the skills and knowledge required for providing a quality childminding service.
Successful applicants will benefit from:
- initial induction training, followed by three childminding e-learning courses
- membership of the Scottish Childminding Association for one full year, with access to a
- range of exclusive benefits
- one-to-one support at every stage of your journey to becoming a childminder
- access to a minimum £750 business start-up grant (T&Cs apply)
All the details are on childminding.org/childminder-recruitment
Our business gateway advisors willl chat through the opportunity with you and help you start your journey as self-employed. Contact us at email@example.com and an adviser will be in touch to discuss next steps.
The Scottish Childminding Partnership recruitment programme is being led and managed by the Scottish Childminding Association, with funding from Scottish Government and a number of participating local authorities and agencies – visit the webpage for funder details.