Food and Drink Mentoring
Sheena Horner, the D&G regional food group co-ordinator, working for Eat SW, will give each business up to 3 days (21 hours) of free one to one mentoring support over 12 weeks. She is passionate about food and drink and runs two food and drink businesses, Galloway Chillies and Food from Farming.
She will be able to help you understand
- all the rules and regulations relating to your food or drink product
- how to improve your product and packaging
- how to price your products to get sales and make a profit
- which channels such as wholesale, retail and hospitality, are right for you and how to get listed
- which trade shows that you should attend to get noticed
- any grants or support you could access
- in short what you need to do to grow
“Eat SW Scotland are a breath of fresh air! Providing invaluable support and advice, their mentoring has helped me drive my business forward and given me a well needed confidence boost. My business is reaching goals quicker than I could have imagined and I will be forever grateful.”
Nicola Sweetheart Tablet
If you are interested, then send an email to email@example.com explaining who you are and why you would benefit from some support.
DG Food and Drink Website
This DG food and drink website. lists every food and drink business in the region that we are aware of.
If you want to serve or sell local food we have over 100 local suppliers listed here
If your business is not on this website then please register here and we will get you listed. You can search for your business using the magnifying glass at the top of the page.
Eat SW Scotland
Eat SW Scotland was founded in October 2020 after a successful application to Scotland Food & Drink to be the regional food group for Dumfries and Galloway.
The aims of the group are to identify and promote new opportunities, for food and drink businesses in Dumfries and Galloway through the following areas of activity:
- Supporting business start-up, innovation and growth
- Providing and promoting education, skills and training
- Increasing collaboration between organisations and businesses within D&G
- Increasing usage of locally sourced foods
- Showcasing this incredible part of Scotland to the world and highlighting the people and businesses that help drive it.
- Driving investment and attracting grant funding into the region
- Developing the circular economy and net zero practices
- Community Wealth Building
We would like all food and drink businesses in Dumfries and Galloway to become members of Eat SW Scotland. Free membership gives you the following benefits:
- Linked In group and a monthly newsletter sharing funding, training and innovation opportunities
- Your business on this website
- One to one advice from the D&G regional food and drink co-ordinator Sheena Horner
- Opportunities to promote your business at events
- A chance to steer the Eat SW programme